- Article 1 [Purpose and Disputes]
- This Agreement is intended to provide regulations between KAPLI, INC (hereinafter referred to as “KAPLI”) and those participating in KAPLI (hereinafter referred to as “participants”) for matters relating to the teaching process and the courses.
- In the event that there is a dispute regarding the interpretation of the requirements or if there is dispute on a matter not explicitly stated in the Terms and Conditions KAPLI and the participants agree to terms that would be considered universally fair. If there is a dispute, Legal disputes will be resolved by New York State Laws which apply to KAPLI
- Article 2 [Course Registration]
- The participant shall enroll according to the procedure established by the academy. The participant must submit the application form, pay the course fees, etc.
- Article 3 [Tuition, Books, Credits Costs/Payments]
- The academy will charge participants an enrollment fee. However, if one commits to a partial payment plan, the first half will be due when enrollment fees are collected and the second half will be charged on an agree date.
- If one agrees to pay by the installment plan and is more than 2 months overdue for the second installment, one will be charged a late fee of 5% of the total tuition cost.
- Only participants who want to purchase textbooks will be charged for materials. Supplementary materials will be printed based on demand and can be acquired at each branch.
- As tuition fees are billed separately from the cost of credits, one must pay for the amount of credits he or she needs to earn.
- The CPA Final Review Comprehensive Lecture ($1,500) will be offered at an 80% off discounted price ($300) if one registers within 3 months of when enrollment begins; after 3 months, a 50% off discount total of $750 will be offered.
- Article 4 [Duration and End]
- [CPA]Course duration is either 12 months or 24 months, depending on which section one applies to, [EA] Course duration depends on whether one enrolls in the comprehensive program (9 months) or selective courses (3 months), [Actuary] Course duration depends on which section one is enrolled in; ACT division classes are 4 months long.
If, for some unavoidable, legitimate reason, the participant can no longer attend KAPLI online comprehensive course, the participant can drop the course once ([CPA] 6 months / [EA] 3 months).
Discontinuation of the [CPA] Online Division Course, [CPA] Final Review, [EA] Online Division Course, [Actuary] Online Division Course is absolutely prohibited.
- Article 5 [Registration]
- All information indicated on the registration form must be true and correct.
- Participants who do not enter their legal name or true information shall not be subject to legal protection and can be limited in their usage of service.
- Article 6 [Account Security]
- Participants must safeguard their ID and Password, and must not share their account information or allow other’s access to the account.
- If one discovers disclosure or misuse of his or her account information, one must immediately report to the company.
- As for the preceding clause, KAPLI can request for necessary procedures to safeguard account security, such as requesting to change the password.
- Problems that occur by not fulfilling the responsibilities mentioned on Clause 2 and Clause 3 are not KAPLI’s responsibility.
- Article 7 [Responsibilities]
- Without KAPLI’s explicit consent, the rights of use is limited solely to the registered participant, and the participant must not transfer the rights to others or offer them as forms of security.
When one violates the responsibility indicated on subparagraph 1, KAPLI can temporarily suspend one’s partial or full usage of service, or expel from membership.
(1) When registering, do not enter false information or disclose one’s or other’s personal information.
(2) Do not violate the rights of KAPLI or that of a third party.
(3) Do not engage in commercial activities, such as using KAPLI’s service to sell goods and services.
(4) Do not disrupt other participant’s usage of service or impersonate the KAPLI staff, employee or officials.
(5) Do not disrupt the stability and order within the website, or post disruptive signs, text, audio, voice or video to disseminate such content.
(6) Do not intentionally impede with service management, or purposefully send large amounts of spam data.
(7) Do not violate the terms outlined in this agreement or relevant laws.
(8) Do not defame KAPLI or a third party’s reputation.
- Article 8 [Copyrights]
- All KAPLI lectures, DVD materials, and such are copyrighted by each corresponding professor and by KAPLI; illegal downloading and reproduction is prohibited. Civil/criminal penalties can be charged should copyright violations be discovered.
- ID Sharing from Online lecture participants is prohibited. If an ID Sharing incident is discovered, immediate expulsion from membership with no refunds will be enforced. KAPLI can claim legal damages in response to such an event.
- Article 9 [Prohibition of Abuse]
- KAPLI regards the following subparagraphs as acts of abuse.
(1) Simultaneous access from more than two PCs with the same ID
(2) Simultaneous usage of service from multiple PCs or IPs with the same ID
(3) Allowing a third party to use one’s ID or KAPLI’s services, including the teaching courses
(4) Selling, lending, transferring, or advertising one’s ID or services including KAPLI’s teaching courses to another party
(5) Running a replicating program, recording, or any attempts to do so while using the service
- If abuse of service outlined on the preceding clause is discovered, KAPLI can immediately expel one from membership and claim for damages.
- Article 10 [Refund Policy]
- Requests for refunds made after 2 weeks from registration results in a 10% penalty fee.
- Requests after the start of online lectures will not be granted any refund.
- Purchased materials that are unused can be returned for a refund within a week. Refunds will not be granted after 1 week.
- Article 11 [Prohibition of Leaking Exam Questions]
- If the participant is at a disadvantage because he or she leaks exam questions after taking the test, the participant bears all responsibility for action.
[CPA] The AICPA Exam Copyrights belong to AICPA; and so, leaking of test questions post-exam is prohibited as test confidentiality must be kept. Following the formal agreement between KAPLI faculty and students under the AICPA contract, all questions except for those approved by the agreement are strictly prohibited from being discussed.
[EA] Enrolled Agent Exam Copyrights belong to the IRS, and so, leaking of test questions post-exam is prohibited as the integrity of the test’s confidentiality must be kept. (This exam is confidential and proprietary. It is made available to you, the examinee, solely for the purpose of assessing your proficiency level in the skill area referenced in the title of this exam. You are expressly prohibited from disclosing, publishing, reproducing, or transmitting this exam, in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, verbal or written, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without the prior express written permission of the IRS.)
- Article 12 [Credits: General Rules, Refund policy and Responsibilities]
- If one decides to take the help of the institute, one can acquire needed credits from the partner institute. The institute’s responsibility is to retain experience by helping and guiding the participant, so all final decisions and evaluations are the participant’s responsibility.
- The registration time to obtain credits, documents to be submitted (Last six months to submit a graduation certificate in the case of Sogang University), attendance and progress management, examination for credits and grades and any other various issues are the responsibility of the participant; in particular, participants should be familiar with the procedure for orientation materials and processes. Participant bears all responsibility and control for credit acquisition.
- Problems that occur regarding credit acquisition are not KAPLI’s responsibility; KAPLI clearly expresses that the agency (institute) the participant acquires credits from holds responsibility.
- All refund matters related to credit acquisition is subject to the policies of Sogang University Graduate School of International Studies’ AICPA research process refunds or the KT Innoedu credit banks.
- Before course registration is completed, a request for a refund can be accepted and returned with the exception of a processing fee of 10%.